Sunday, February 28, 2010

Souvenirs

I'm back from my week off in Punta Cana! My travel companion and I have decided to call the trip "eventful". The weather wasn't as sunny as I would have liked but the beach was beautiful, the hotel grounds were lovely, full of lush vegetation and peacocks and flamingos roaming around, the food was good and at first glance the room was fantastic. Until the giant cockroaches showed up. I'm talking sci-fi prehistoric beast gigantic. I could have ridden one to the lobby bar instead of taking the tram. (Actually, we never took the tram that continually ran through the resort and were appalled at people's laziness). Almost more off-putting than the cucarachas were the relentless men, more specifically some of the staff who seemed utterly perplexed by the fact that we had no desire to sleep with them and were actually happy and satisfied with the men waiting for us at home. But dodging them actually became a pretty entertaining game and I laughed harder during this past week than I have in a long time. I'm not laughing now, though, as I seem to have brought home a very angry stomach bug and can't eat anything. The flight home was hell to say the least. So I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment but being taken care of by my love and the memories of snorkeling and swimming with sharks and stingrays and actually having some pigmentation for a change (not to mention the fact that Canada just snagged the Olympic Gold Medal in Men's Hockey! Yay, Canadia!) have me smiling anyway. Back to work tomorrow. Aaaaand there goes the smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments give me a happy!