Sunday, April 25, 2010

Liv Loves: Bitchin' Kitchen

When my boyfriend chose the channels for our HD cable package in the new apartment I couldn't stress this enough: Must. Have. Food Network. Since this will inevitably result in (hopefully) tasty experiments he can benefit from, there was no argument there. Though I'm not moved in yet (that happens in July) I sit mesmerized in front of the TV on weekends. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but for now... OMG. Soooo many channels.
And last night I found Bitchin' Kitchen. I knew who Nadia G, the uber-Italian, whisk-wielding kitchen commando in 4-inch heels was, but I had never seen the show. Every episode has a theme (Break-up Bonanza, Rehab Recipes) and wacky sidekicks galore (kind of like Pee Wee's Playhouse). It's totally over-the-top ("you shkoff da egg whites in dis bowl, den you shkoff da yolks in dis bowl") and I love it! (And if this is a totally foreign language to you, fear not, help is here).

I mean, "baked mac n' cheese with caramelized onions and duck sausage"? And the cheese is a combo of brie, aged cheddar and friulano? Whaaaat?! Can't wait to try this one. Stay tuned.

image via facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments give me a happy!