Thursday, September 23, 2010

The New Black(face)

My blog is my happy place. I post beautiful pictures and images of outfits I wish I was wearing. I pretty much save all my bitterness and sarcasm for those lucky people who know me in the "real world", while you lovely lovelies of the blogosphere get the sunshine-lollipops-and-rainbows Liv. These are all facets of me, of course, they're just generally compartmentalized. All this to say that despite the impression I may give off I am certainly not one of those people who thinks the fashion industry can do no wrong. And more than that I have never been someone who takes any of it too seriously.

But every now and then you just gotta say WTF?!

Have you seen this editoral for Numéro (who I generally adore) with Constance Jablonski playing Foxxy Black Mama Africa or whatever she's supposed to be? Do I just not get the joke? Please someone, enlighten me!


via fashion copious (who incidentally also thinks that this is kinda fucked up)

5 comments:

  1. I have one word for this: mess!!

    I love it that you don't take fashion too seriously. I was just having this same conversation with one of my blogger friends today before clicking on your page. Hooray!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. globalization in its million'th interpretation, I guess. Just don't quote me on it. Thanks for keeping it real

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF indeed? As much as I love fashion and I am happy not to work in that business as I'd probably would have to become either anorexic or bulimic and drive my bf (if I'd still have one) crazy everyday!
    Hurray for STYLE!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I'm stunned. I really don't know what else to say about this editorial. LOL!

    Oh, and: "I pretty much save all my bitterness and sarcasm for those lucky people who know me in the "real world", while you lovely lovelies of the blogosphere get the sunshine-lollipops-and-rainbows Liv." You have no idea how much I adore this quote. You're so freaking awesome. This made my day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. Really? This is soooo strange.. I am more shocked that they did this editorial really... what are they trying to convey here really????
    WOW. So shocked.

    http://mandalyzing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me a happy!