Saturday, December 17, 2011

Brunch Success/Blogging Fail

Above image of spinach and cheese strata via Smitten Kitchen, as the one whipped up by me was simply too delectable to allow even a spare moment to capture photographically. Seriously. Make this. It is soooo good.
So I know I promised you all photos of my holiday brunch last weekend. But despite my doing most of the prep work the day before, I ended up being so busy that I didn't take one photo, and it didn't even occur to me to hand the camera over to anyone else to capture the magic. Poo. Although I suppose that means I was simply enjoying myself too much being completely present in the moment to care... which is good for me as a human being, but not so good as a blogger. Oh well.

So that means no photos of the mimosas galore, the mountain of Fairmount bagels and buttery croissants from Mamie Clafoutis, or my friend Eric's fluffy, decadent homemade eggnog that managed to convert even me despite my three decades as a staunch anti-eggnogger, no evidence of my ill-timed duck fat potatoes which failed to crisp up as intended, no sign of the to-die-for spinach and cheese strata that turned out as scrumptious as I'd hoped, and no pics of my gorgeous friends who managed to look stunning even on a Sunday morning or of my Mom joining in the fun. And no shots of my make-out session with the dishwasher post-party. Whatever would I do without it? The good news is, I'm dying to do it all over again. Maybe next time I'll even delegate the documentation duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments give me a happy!