Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Liv Loves... Marilyn Minter

All images from Salon 94

I'd been planning to do a post on Marilyn Minter's work so imagine my delight when I saw that MAC was collaborating with the artist for their Fall 09 collection!
I first saw Minter's work in the October 2007 issue of Elle Decor and immediately fell in lust with her gorgeously jarring close-up images of glossy lips, glittering eyelids and stiletto-clad feet stomping around in dirty puddles. Her images are visceral, at once girly and dangerous. I wish Artriver had prints of her work available as I don't imagine I'll be able to afford the real thing any time soon.
Gossip Girl fans may recognize Minter's work in Serena's bedroom. Lucky girl.


Image from Apartment Therapy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments give me a happy!